Students completing a Bachelor of Theology (BTh) degree may choose ministry as their major.
The ministry major is ideal for students desiring to work full-time with a congregation as a minister, preacher, or leader. Students seeking to learn about ministry may also choose to double minor studying ministry with an additional minor in leadership or counselling.
In addition to the 81 credits of the Core Curriculum, ministry majors must complete the following 39 credits:
- BIB 230 – Torah
- BIB 240 – General Epistles
- BIB 310 – New Testament Greek I
- BIB 311 – New Testament Greek II
- BIB 320 – Corinthians
- BIB 330 – Revelation
- BIB 340 – Prophets
- PSC 210 – Introduction to Psychology & Counselling
- MIN 212 – Ministry Leadership
- MIN 220 – Conflict Resolution
- MIN 240 – Pastoral Counselling
- MIN 230 – Homiletics
- MIN 410 – Supervised Practice of Ministry
To learn more about individual courses, please review the course descriptions.
Learn more about how Contextual Education is integrated into these courses.