We enjoy sharing news from our graduates and the good work they are doing throughout Africa. This letter was received today via email from John Maseka, a 2006 graduate of ACC. He updates everyone on the growing churches he is working with and planting in Zambia…
MESSENGER and KANDEMBA CHURCH OF CHRIST,
C/O P.O. BOX 110263,
ZAMBIA, CENTRAL AFRICA.
Greetings: We sincerely hope and believe that this letter and report will find you doing well in the Lord, as we work harmoniously together in the vineyard of the Lord reaching the world with the soul saving gospel of Jesus Christ to the dying people.
MINISTERIAL AND CHURCH PROGRESS REPORT – November 2012
A. PERSONAL INFORMATION
1. Name of Evangelist: John Maseka
2. Married with 7 children, 5 girls and 2 boys
3. I studied theology at Manzini Bible School now African Christian College. I was in class from 2005 to 2006.
4. I am active in ministry
B. MINISTERIAL INFORMATION
1. Ministry currently fulfilling is: Church Minister and Evangelist
2. I have been involved in evangelism which has resulted to establish 4 churches namely,
a. Kyansange Church of Christ, in chief Mujimanzovu area, West of Solwezi, 85 kilometers away from Solwezi town. The church is there doing fine.
b. Kyangozhi Church of Christ, in chief Mumena’s area, North of Solwezi, 15 kilometers away from the town. The church is fine
c. And Messenger Church of Christ, within Solwezi town was also opened in February, 24th 2008; I am ministering this church and is very fine and
d. Kandemba Church of Christ opened recently opposite Solwezi airport.
3. At the moment I am spending more hours in ministry activities. As at now, I am teaching Christians and non Christians about baptism at Kandemba new Church. (1). what is baptism? (2). what is the purpose of baptism? (3). who should be baptized? (4). Have you been scripturally baptized?
4. My aspiration for the next year 2013 to 2014, we plan to establish another church in Mbonge area, East of Solwezi, in chief Kampingipanga‘s area, along Royal Hotel, 10 kilometers from the town. We have already baptized two couples from this area. They are strong and walk 10 kilometers every Sunday to come and worship with us. They are brother Jim Sekelechi and Joseph Mwandama.
C. CONGREGATION INFORMATION
1. Name of the minister. John Maseka. Secretary: Teddy Kasawu-Treasurer:Fordson- Malasha
D. ABOUT MESSENGER CHURCH
1. Active members is 75, adults, youths 45, children 15-20
2. Average Sunday worship attendance is 60 -65, Number of meetings held each week are: Men, women, and youth classes are held every Saturdays, 3 Cell groups within the week. Baptism in October – November 2
3. My goals this year 2012 to 2013 is to engage young brothers in church activities, as well as help them grow into leadership. Teaching them the value of Christianity to make them build a strong faith in the Lord not easily broken, as the future is now regarding youths to spread the gospel.
E. ABOUT KANDEMBA
1. Active members is 7. Sunday average worship attendance is 11 – 15 including children. Number of meetings each week is once in a week. Baptism in October – November 0
D. CHURCH FELLOWSHIP INFORMATION
1. I attend church services with the following congregations,
a. Solwezi Central church that sent us to college
b. Kyansange Church of Christ, in Mujimanzovu, 85 kilometers away from home
c. Messenger Congregation where I am ministering and
d. New congregation, Kandemba church of Christ
e. Kayonge Church of Christ along Mwinilunga road
E. OTHER INFORMATION
1. I have the desire to be a full time Church Minister and Evangelist
2. At the moment, my responsibility as an evangelist falls in two main areas.
a. I am therefore responsible to preach the gospel to the lost souls and ensure that those who accept the gospel are baptized and continue to come to church.
b. I also have to ensure that they receive the right message. The message people should hear every Sunday is also important and that is part of my role, I do a lot of reading and writing and also meeting with my fellow leaders to share the lessons for bible studies, on Sundays and during the week.
c. I also teach my son Zhya, aged 19 years and others how to prepare lessons for Sunday school children. God willing, he is going to African Christian college in the coming years once accepted.
F. COMMUNITY NEWS
1. There is great potential in Messenger area, as preaching activities have indicated and we ask for your continued prayers that the churches here in Solwezi, Zambia, grow to God’s glory.
2. One of the leading bar, Blue house, have become a shopping store. This bar was another Sodom and Gomorrah in Solwezi, Zambia with evil acts. Thank you for your prayers changing things here.
3. Political violence between the leaders in Government ruling and those in opposition parties continues. The ruling part is appointing opposition Member of Parliament in positions in the government bringing problems to the opposition parties. Please pray for our leaders in Zambia.
GOD BLESS, (1 THESSALONIANS 3: 9, 12-13)
[…] Alumni Report from Zambia — African Christian College Go to this article […]